It’s all hands on deck in this, the busiest part of the planting season! We will be tending to our early planted crops and continue to prep new beds for our May-planted warm season crops such as tomatoes, beans, corn, and more! Contribute to seed sovereignty for the whole community while learning about how to garden with a seed-steward mentality! We will work outdoors in small groups and wear masks if in close quarters.
RSVP (see below) is preferred, so that we can manage our numbers for COVID safety and provide you with any updates in case of changes.
Today’s Projects Include:
- Weeding and forking up established beds to get ready for more warm-season plantings of tomatoes, peppers, beans, corn, and more!
- Watering and weeding existing plants.
- Planting and transplanting crops that are ready.
- Forming up new raised beds to align with the contour of the land.
- Possibly putting on the greenhouse plastic.
- In case of rain: cleaning out and organizing our gear storage room.
Hope you can join us during the busiest part of prep and planting season!