Currently, our bi-weekly Garden Volunteer Days on Tuesdays from 9am-Noon and Saturdays from 10am-1pm. Additionally, please let us know if you have a small or large group that would like to adopt a different day or time and we can arrange for a volunteer day/time that works for your group.
To stay up to date on all the opportunities to be involved with the Salish Seed community garden, please sign up on the form at the bottom. For each individual work party day, we ask that you please RSVP by text or email us to let us know you are coming. This way we can keep you informed of any changes, and better plan our activities for both COVID safety and getting our garden tasks done in the most efficient and prioritized manner!
Current Garden Activities:
- Weeding, watering, and mulching newly planted seeds and seedlings.
- Installing trellises for our pole beans.
- Weeding, forking up, and contouring new raised beds.
- Transplanting and direct-seeding our warm season crops, like beans, tomatoes, peppers, flowers, and corn
- Tidying up our seed and gear storage room
If you plan on joining us at any point this year we ask that you print out and sign our Liability Release Form. Bring this with you to your first volunteer opportunity. You will only need to do this once for the year. If you are not able to print this out you can sign the paper form at your first visit.
Thanks for your interest and we look forward to working with you on this exciting community project!